MODERNIZATION OF MI-24 (MI-35) HELICOPTER
Purpose of modernization: to ensure day and night fulfillment of combat missions.
Main directions of modernization:
- installation of navigation and indication complex;
- installation of gyro-stabilized target-sight system;
- installation of night vision equipment;
- extension of capabilities of flight data recording system;
- installation of optronic jamming station;
- installation of radio-technical defense system;
- application of missile with laser seeker.
As a result of modernization, the following tasks were performed:
- round-the-clock (day-and-night) combat application of the full range of the helicopter weapons using the gyro-stabilized optronic system;
- higher firing accuracy of the unguided weapons using the laser range finder;
- round-the-clock fulfillment of reconnaissance and SAR missions with precise determination of target coordinates and automatic data transmission to the ground control post;
- high-precision navigation and a new display system for presenting navigation and flight data;
- round-the-clock guidance and adjustment of the anti-aircraft fire;
- night flying at 50-m altitude using the night-vision goggles;
- self-search and landing on unlit and undesignated landing sites without landing lights;
- semi-automatic (directed) and automated flight along the pre-programmed route;
- expansion of the quantity of registered parameters, decrease in decoding and processing times;
- improvement of protection of the helicopter against “ground-to-air” missiles and “air-to-air” missiles with IR seeker and radar seeker;
- application of laser guided missiles.
Back to the list